SQUARE OR V-GROOVE EDGE LAMINATE IS MADE OF LAYERS THAT ARE FUSED TOGETHER:
- Top Wear Layer– This the one you walk on. It is made from cellulose paper impregnated with aluminium oxide resins that make laminate flooring so incredibly scratch-resistant.
- Design Layer – This is also affected by the embossing layer. The greater the embossing, the less ware resistant, the product becomes “high spots” and will wear faster.
- Durability– This is the image you see; it is a photograph that has been copied onto cellulose paper. As it is below the wear layer, it will not fade and cannot be marked or scuffed. Beware of poor quality inner cores which will scratch & dent easier.
- Core Layer– This is the backbone of all laminate flooring. The core layer is HDF for superior stability and resistance to marks and dents.
- Bottom Stabilizing Layer– This holds everything in place. It is made from the same impregnated paper as the top layer..
The Professionals range is rated AC4 or Class 32 for semi commercial installations. These criteria are based on the balance between durability and intensity of traffic. Tests measure resistance to abrasion, burns, staining, impact and dents.
Tests are done by means of rubbing 200grit sandpaper on the surface of the product. AC3 (Abrasion Class) must achieve 2000 rubs without breaking through the decorative layer and AC4 (Abrasion Class) must withstand 4000 rubs.
Only SABS standards are recognized legitimately & governed & regulated legally in South Africa.
With such a huge variety to choose from this makes our range suitable for installation in the home, office, retail fit out or restaurants.
Do Venetians have a fire retardant (FR) rating? Wooden blinds are not FR rated. However, it is possible to treat the material or use a non-wood material such as aluminum or a wood substitute to achieve FR rating status. Wood substitute Venetian can be sourced as a custom. For more info, please contact email@example.com.
What is ‘stack’? This is when the slats of the Venetian blinds amass on top of each other once the blind has been fully opened & blocking the top portion of the window.
To preserve the full outdoor view, mount the blind above the window frame, making sure to account for additional system height.
1: PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL ASPECTS OF THE INSTALLATION CRITERIA ARE COVERED
2: CRITICAL – PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU OBTAIN THE CORRECT MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES